Thursday, April 4, 2013

CASE Study Challenge #135

Woot woot! It's time to give a big welcome to our April Muse!! I know you're ready, we're ready too!! Prepare your dies and machines, for the queen of die-cutting -  JJ Bolton - is here! We're so happy to have you with us, JJ!
Here's a few words from her:


Hi everyone! I'm JJ Bolton and in addition to being a paper addict, I'm a wife, mom to twin teenage boys, and science nerd. I started paper crafting in 2011 when I bought my first digital cutter. That purchase led to card making, stamping, and manual die cutting! Now I can't stop:) I'm a big fan of clean and graphic cards and I love bold bright colors. My favorite tools are my Silhouette and Big Shot. I'm so honored to have been asked to participate over here at CASE Study!

...aaaand we're starting off with a classic "JJ card", jam packed with techniques and stunning to the boot.


 Also, please give a warm welcome to our Month-Long Guest Designer for April, Anya Schrier!!

We hope you won't get discouraged by the difficulty of the technique shown! You can visit the original post HERE, for the  detailed photos. Also, check out JJ's own tutorial HERE.
Remember, that you can take inspiration from any element of the card - see the DT samples below for some ideas :)

 -------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's what our fabulous Design Team came up with:

JJ Bolton - April Muse



Anya Schrier - April Guest Designer



Clare Buswell



Debby Hughes



Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)



Jean Martin



Jeanne Jachna



Maureen Plut



Teneale Williams


-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now all you have to do is play with us!
Here are the deets:
1. Create a paper crafting project (card, layout, off-the-page item), based on provided inspiration (being a featured creation, made by our Muse).
2. Post your creation on your blog or an online gallery (using a code CSC135), and link it here with the inlinkz widget below. Please provide a direct link to your post, not an entire blog.
3. A new challenge is being posted every Thursday at 12.01 AM EST, and you've got until midnight on Tuesday to submit your entry.
4. You may enter as many times as you like, but you're asked to provide a newly designed project.
5. We will choose the authors of four most impressive creations, who will be awarded the Winner and Top 3 awards. In addition, there might be a person chosen randomly from the list of players, who will receive the prize provided by the sponsor - if there is one.
We will announce the winners on Wednesday.
6. If you'd like to be considered for our next month-long Guest Designer, put "GD" next to your name when linking up your project.
7. Above all, have fun - and be inspired!

Happy creating!
The CASE Study Design Team

10 comments:

  1. Oh, these are beautiful! I even looked up JJ's tutorial - I think I could do this! Going to give it a try, anyway. Thanks to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous group of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay JJ!! What a treat to have your yummy talent at CASE Study for our inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the looks of the technique -- I will do it eventually. I was inspired by the flowers. Thanks for a great designer to CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been following this challenge for simply ages but this is my first submission. I was inspired by the colour of the flowers. The DT's cards are all beautiful. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous CASE to inspire us and amazing DT work, too! Thanks for the challenge, gals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ladies, this is a lovely case this week. I'm quite rusty but I threw in a card for the challenge. Thanks for keeping up such a great blogsite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. darn, a little late:)
    http://stampinwithstacey.blogspot.com/2013/04/uniko-studio-april-release-day-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so slow blogging my card that I missed the linky, but still would like to give credit to JJ Bolton and thank you for the wonderful challenge - I really enjoyed making my card and am so sorry I missed the deadline - it's here x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!